Friday, August 12, 2011
Greek Styled Lamb Lollipop
Most butcher would be more than happy to section a rack of lamb for you into lollipops. You can use either dried or fresh herbs, but remember that dried herbs are more potent, so adjust the amount accordingly. I actually prefer using dried basil, because fresh basil tend to be too moist for the meat.
Ingredient (serves 2-3):
A rack of lamb (sectioned into individual ribs)
3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 Tablespoon oregano (finely chopped)
1 Tablespoon basil (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon rosemary (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon thyme (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon chive (chopped for garnish later)
Salt and Pepper
Instruction: Pre-heat oven 400F or high heat on the grill
1. Combined garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, mustard, salt, pepper, olive oil in a bowl.
2. With your hand or a brush, rub the mixture onto each individual lolipop.
3. You can either let it marinate for 1-2 hours or cook it immediately
4. Bake or grill for 12-18 minutes or until the centre reaches 140F for rare. Flip them over about half way through the cooking process.
5. Sprinkle on chopped chive for garnishes.