Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Christina recommended this coconut fruit porridge to us, and it is delicious. Then, I made a couple refinement to it to smooth out the consistency. This dish is super filling and high in healthy calories; half a bowl would be more than enough to satisfy my nutrition requirement for the morning.
This dish is good hot or cold, depend on your mood. You can also adjust the thickness by adding more water or nuts. You can also replace blueberry with other fruits.
Ingredients: Serves 2 for a very thick porridge
½ cup cashew
½ cup almond (Optional: adjust for preferred thickness)
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup water (adjust for preferred thickness)
½ cup blueberry (frozen ones for cold porridge)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Instruction for hot porridge:
1. Soak cashew overnight in water.
2. In the morning, drain the cashew and add it to a blender.
3. Add the almond, coconut milk, water, and blueberry into the blender and blend until smooth.
4. Add more water or almond to the desire thickness
5. Pour the mixture into a pot and simmer on low heat, covered, and stir frequently until hot.
6. Add cinnamon and some fruit topping, and serve
If you want to make cold porridge, place the cashew in the fridge and use less almond. Add small amount of ice to the blender and use frozen fruits.
Note: don't make too much as the porridge is very filling. Leftover can be stored for the next morning.