I love the color of the sauce
5 Egg Yolks
½ vanilla (scraped and cut in to chunks)
1 truffle (finely chopped)
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat milk with 1 tbsp of the sugar, vanilla, and truffle
2. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks with remaining sugar.
3. When milk has come to a boil, add about ½ cup to the yolk mixture, a little bit at a time. Stir vigorously.
4. Stir the egg mixture back in with the rest of the milk in the pot. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
5. Strain into a cold dish immediately and cover until ready to be used.