Thursday, December 30, 2010
Mini Tortilla Cup
This is super easy to mass produce if you have a muffin pan. You can make dozens within 30 minutes. If you don't, any oven friendly bowl or cup would do.
I brushed garlic and herb olive oil inside the shell before baking to add extra flavour. You can fill the cup with salad, risotto, cous cous, or cubed shrimps, etc. If you bake the shell 5 minutes longer, it becomes waterproof. I tasted this with soy sauce and the shell held it for two days. This becomes an esthetic way to hold dressing or sauces. You don't have to do circles either, you can fold it up into squares or other shapes.
1. Preheat oven 375F
2. Press a small bowl, cups, cookie cutter, etc upside down onto the tortilla sheet.
3. Use a small pairing knife to cut along the rim of the cup to cut out small circles
4. Brush vegetable oil on the muffin pan, bowl, or cup.
5. Arrange the tortilla inside.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until the shell has hardened.