Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Market

After an explosion that slowed its opening, the Vancouver Christmas Market, an authentic outdoor German Christmas market village at The Plaza at Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Downtown.  They are open daily 11:00am to 9:00pm from Nov 28 through Dec 24, 2010.

Cranberry and Pecan baked apple
This Christmas Market isn't your typical fair.  There are lots of different entertainment and delicious traditional food and drink that not only are delicious but also wow you.  I went with Peter from eat-rotic.com who took these awesome pictures When I walked in, I was greeted with soft sweet prezels that was bigger than my face, and then the smell of cooked apple with chocolate.  The baked apple stand was packed with people, including my friends going back for their second apple.  There were more flavours I can remember: cranberry, pecan, black forest, maple, classic...  The black forest apple with gooey chocolate inside and outside was my favourite.

Next, the gluehwine, a hot fermented juice, was a rather deceptive drink.  It was nice to have something nice and warm to hold and sip as we walked, but this delicious alcohol didn't hit us until we had our third cup.

My favourite was the pig on a spit by the pull pork stand. The glistening pig smells sooo gooooood.  I wanted to walk up and take a bite out of it.

Have I mentioned the baked potatoes yet?  You have to try baked potato with made by a cute Irish couple with their special oven specifically designed to bake potatoes.   The pulled pork with caramelized onion, Dijon mustard, and sauerkraut baked potato is the best.  I can never get potato this creamy at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment