Sunday, October 24, 2010

Japas Bistro

Rustic ambiance with lots of natural lights
Japas Bistro is not one of those generic california-roll-economy-bento-box sushi place.  Well, they do have california rolls and economy bento box stuff, but they specialize in unique rice burger (gluten free) and a few specialty authentic items.

I initially heard of this restaurant in Georgia Straight which claims that they serve mochie burger.  The dude who wrote the article obviously did not know what mochie was, because these rice patty were simple pressed rice. Dennis and I were pretty disappointed with the food.

Beef Yakiniku
Check out the massive amount of mayo (albet it was good mayo).  The protein inside was fried.  The dish came with fries? Fries? In a Japanese Bistro?  I suppose it was $6.00, but I can go across the street and have a massive bowl of ramen for $8.

Zuke Tuna
More fried food.  I believe whatever gluten free benefit got thrown out of the window and in with the fish batter.

Pumpkin Croquette
The last time I had these, I was in Kyoto.  These were more than disappointing.

Overall, it was a mediocre experience, and I probably won't go back again.  The place may look fancy, but the food is not.

Japas Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment