|Golden Crispy Deliciousness|
Frat-boy Chicken Series:
FBC: BBQ and Honey Larger
FBC: Lemon Grass Chili and Asian Beer
FBC: Chocolate Mole & Irish Cream Ale
|Grind salt in a mortar for idea coarseness|
1 bottle hefweizen
1 empty clean can
1 whole chicken
1 tablespoon coarse salt
2 tablespoon coarse black pepper
4 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon lemon pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preset the oven to convection 425F.
2. Clean the chicken, pat dry with paper towel.
3. Mix salt, black pepper, and olive oil in a bowl. Brush the mixture onto the chicken.
4. Pour 1 cup of hefweizen into the can. Prop the chicken onto the can and arrange the legs so the chicken is well-balanced and sits straight up.
5. Bake it for 10 minutes. In the mean time, mix lemon juice, lemon pepper, and ⅓ cup of beer in a bowl
6. Lower the oven temperature to 300F
7. Take the chicken out. Brush the lemon pepper mixture onto the chicken.
8. Put the chicken back in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken's internal temperature reaches 160F. Glaze it with more beer and lemon pepper occasionally.
9. Enjoy the rest of the beer while you wait for your roast!
10. Once it is ready, leave it to cool for 20 minutes before carving. This will help the moisture in the chicken to settle.