This is a tried and true chicken broth recipe I go from my bootcamp. This recipe makes a huge batch of broth, but you can always freeze them in small batches in small containers with lids. I learned that I have been over seasoning my chicken broth before. The backbone of a chicken broth are chicken bones, carrot, celery, and onions. Everything else are optional or can be replaced with something else. Bouquet Garni is a combinations of herbs and spices (a spring of parsley, thyme, bay leaves, leek, and some whole black peppercorn) enclosed in a small cheese both bag.
4 kg Chicken Bones
8 L Cold water
1 tsp Rock Salt
1 tsp Migonette Pepper
1 small Carrot
1 small White Leek
2 Celery stalks
1 Bouquet Garni
2 Garlic Gloves
1. Remove excess fat from chicken then rinse under cold running water
2. Combined chicken with cold water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Skim off surface foam.
3. Roughly chopped the onion, carrot and celery, then add to the saucepan. Add salt, pepper, bouquet garni and garlic.
4. Simmer 1 to 1½ hours, skimming off surface foam and/or degreasing if necessary.
5. Strain stock through a fine strainer. Cool and refrigerate.
1. Don't stir and disturbs the chicken broth too much during the boiling and simmering process.
2. Resist the temptation to over season and remember that you can always season later when you use the broth for your dishes.
3. Due to the nutritiousness of the broth, it goes bad pretty quickly, so proper food safety procedure must be used. For example, definitely don't leave it on the stove over night and consider rapid cooling it in an ice bath before putting it in the fridge or freezer. In the fridge, the broth will not last more than 4-5 days.