Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dine In Challenge Day 4

Never thought I would ever post things on time, eh?  Tomorrow is a big cooking day.  I am cooking for a challenge and I am not allow to reveal the dish and the recipe until tomorrow.  Hint: it's mexican, it requires 2 pounds of chili, and a minimum of 4 hours prep + cooking time.  So! I am going to do all my tomorrow's blogging today.

Today, I had pencil smoothie in the morning with blueberry (yes back to blueberry). Yes, banana AND an apple.

For lunch: remember those dumpling I was making yesterday?   Here they were, going into the pan with lots of oil.  Because of my pork phobia, I cooked these at low heat and overcook them.  The dumplings would have a crispy doughy skin and a juicy (hopefully) center.  The result was a little carcinogenic (burnt), but I preferred it this way.  For sauce, I mixed together soy sauce, red chili, ginger, garlic, green onion, cilantro, rice vinegar, mirin, and sesame oil.


The color of the sauce was pretty.

After lunch, Dennis and I went out to our respective appointments and also to hunt down the last few ingredients for tomorrow's secret cook-off.  By the time we got home, it was already 7:30 pm and we were starving. First, I preheated the oven in anticipation of the Grill Lamb Chop with Olive Tapenade Herb Crust.  Then, I quickly chopped off the salad: cucumber, tomato, pepper, avocado, and curly leaf parsley.  Season my lamb chops, threw them into a pan for 3 minutes, and threw them into the oven for 10 minutes.  Dinner was ready by 8 pm and I was blogging about it at 8:45pm. 

The picture turned out so good, that I am going to edit the recipe post with this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment