This is a very simple and quick recipe to cook just about any fish filet. The fish will have delicious crispy skin and moist meat. All you need is salt, pepper, and vegetable oil. Lemon is nice but optional.
1. Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
2. Salt and pepper both side of the filet.
3. Heat a pan on high heat and put in a table spoon of vegetable oil.
4. Once the pan is smoking just a little, put in the fish, skin side down.
5. Do not flip the fish over! Resist flipping the fish over! Wait 2 minutes or till the skin is golden brown. Then, put the whole pan into the oven. If your pan has a plastic handle or is not oven save, transfer the fish onto a pan with aluminum foil.
6. After 5 minutes, remove the fish from the oven.
Optional: Squeeze lemon juice on the pan. While the juice sizzles, flip the fish over to coat it. Then quickly remove the fish from heat and serve.
Another option is to add a small cube of butter in with the lemon, but the fish tastes just as good without the butter, so why the calories?
Any citric white wine would pair well.