Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Hate Cancer

Someone I really care about was diagnosed with colon cancer last week. She has 6 months to live without any treatments, and 3 years with intensive chemotherapy. It has been heart breaking to see such a strong, tough, passionate woman suffer immense pain and her body wither rapidly. She has taught me about everything I know about Mediterranean cuisine, about each herbs and spices. Now, she can barely eat.

I am going to take a few day break from talking about food and drinks to gather myself, to support her and her family. I also want to use this time to research comfort food that she can eat and stomach, perhaps even food that can combat cancer.

Cuts for Cancer is next week March 8th. I will be dropping by to show my support. Please donate to Canadian Cancer Society or your country's cancer organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment