Sushi rice can be found in any large grocery store. I used
- 2 cup uncooked sushi rice
- 4 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
Instruction: I wish I wish I have a grill.
1. Wet your hands, the cookie cutter, a small wooden spoon or plastic, and a plate.
2. Place the cookie cutter on the plate and fill it with warm cooked rice
3. Using the spoon, apply gentle force to pack the rice into the cutter and flatten the surface.
4. Turn cookie cutter upside down and flatten this side.
5. Use your fingers to slowly and very gently push the rice out of the cutter. Pad the onigri with water to prevent sticking.
6. Heat non-stick pan at medium-high heat and thinly spread vegetable oil on the pan
7. "Grill" each side for a minute each.
8. Brushed the grilled side with soy sauce and grill it again for 30 second each side.
Yummy and made with love~ Now I am going to try putting other food inside the onigri.