3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup water @ around 100˚F
¾ cup coconut milk
½ cup coconut cream*
2 Tbsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 tsp dry active yeast
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp poppy seed
1. Mix the warm water with 1 tsp of sugar and the yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Mix 2 cups of the flour with nutmeg in a large bowl
3. Mix the yeast mixture, ½ cup of coconut milk, and the flour together.
4. Add the remaining of the flour slowly.
5. Kneed it for 10 minute or until the dough is ready. Set it aside, covered, for an hour, or until it doubles in size.
6. Punch it down, roll it up, and very gently roll it to make it long
7. With knife, cut it into 16 little pieces. Roll each one into a little ball.
8. Place it on a floured baking pan, cover, set aside for another 20 minutes.
9. Set the oven to 400˚F.
10. Mix the coconut cream, ¼ cup of coconut milk, rest of the sugar, and poppyseed. Brush it onto the buns.
11. Bake it for less than 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
12. Set it for 5 minute.
If you want to make it into a dinner roll, add half cup more coconut milk and more flour. Kneed it longer after the first rising.