(The scallop recipe is described in the link above, so I will skip it in the ingredients and instruction.)
Ingredients for 2:
- 30g Kalamata olives (pitted and halved)
- 60g Chorizo (diced)
- 1 Shallot (diced)
- ¼ Lemon (juiced)
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, grape seed oil
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Glove of Garlic
- ¾ cup Fresh or frozen peas (90g)
- Vegetable Stocks
- Heavy Cream (or Cashew Cream)
- Salt, white pepper, grape seed oil
1. Heat a small sauté pan on medium-high heat
2. Coat the pan with oil and sauté the diced shallot and chorizo for a minute.
3. Add olives, chives, lemon juice, and oilve oil to the pan atthe same time.
4. Keep it warm on the side while you cook the rest of the meal. :)
1. Use a small sauce pot, sauté the shallot and garlic in oil for about a minute.
2. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add in the peas and cream and bring back to a boil.
3. Use a blender to puree the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Pas the coulis through a fine strainer.
This is a pretty easy dish. You want to serve it with a unoaked, higher alcohol, dry or off dry, high acid white wine, such as New Zealand's Sauvignon Blanc, but you can also get away pairing it with a Chablis or aged Alsace Riesling. I think I have tasting notes for all of those wines.