Another lovely dish I learned at Dirty Apron. Dennis and I are trying to eat less meat, lamb chop is great for portion control. Lamb chop has become a stable in our diet. Very greek! The lamb is easy to make and only takes 15 minutes. The olive tapenade is widely available in large grocery stores. If you don't have it or don't want to buy it, you can replace it with high quality mustard sauce.
Herb panko rub is a home made rub made from leftover not-so-fresh herbs in my fridge and panko crumbs. I used oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, sage, and just blend everything together with 2 cups of panko crumbs. This mixture can stay in your freezer for 6 months.
Ingredient: (Serves 2)
2 Lamb chops
2 tbsp Kalamata Olive Tapenade
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp herb panko rub
Instruction: Preheat the oven to 400 degree
1. Dry the lamb with paper towel.
2. Season the lamb with salt and pepper
3. Heat a pan or grill to high heat and sear all sides of the chop. About 1 minute on each side.
4. Remove from heat and spread olive tapenade on the top.
5. Put it in a baking pan and bake it for 8-12 minutes or when the lamb's internal temperatuion is at least 130.
6. Sprinkle herb panko rub.